Research has indicated that showering is the major cause of water consumption in the USA, as well as in other parts of the world. Various types of showerheads have been produced to reduce water consumption during showering. Here are some of the best water saving showerheads of 2018.
Water saving tips
As said, research has shown that a greater percentage of water used in the home emanates from showering. If you want to reduce the quantity of water that you consume in your home and cut down the associated cost, you have to think of controlling the quantity you use in your bathroom. Here are some tips that would help save water:
- Use low flow showerheads.
- Make sure to turn off your tap after washing of brushing the teeth.
- Form the habit of taking shorter showers.
- Always check pipes and faucets for leaks.
- Install water meter in your home. It will help you detect possible leaks.
- Use float booster or plastic bottles in the toilet tank.
- Try to insulate your water pipes to minimize leakage.
These were the tips that will help you cut down on the quantity of water you use in your home, reducing the amount of money you spend on utility bill monthly.
How to choose the correct water saver showerhead
If you choose the right saver shower head for your home, it would reduce the water consumption level in your home. Here are some factors you should consider to select the best water saver shower head for your home:
- Consider the material used in producing the showerhead. The material has to be rust-proof to prevent leakages and durable to resist damages.
- Consider the issue of the environment while you make your choice. You have to look for an environmentally friendly showerhead.
- Think of installation. It is better that you opt for a saver showerhead that you can easily install without seeking for an outside help. You can easily replace the parts when it begins to leak water.
- Think of the cost. There are various kinds of saver showerheads on the market. While you do not compromise the quality, opt for a product you could easily afford and maintain.
- Health value. Apart from saving utility cost, some water saver showerheads have medicinal values. Such brand can help to improve your health.
- Ease of use. There are various features, some are handheld, others aerating showerheads, while many are rain showerheads. You have to consider the ease of use to make your choice.
There are other factors that you can consider as well, yet these are the most important.
Advantages of using water saver showerhead over others
Low flow shower heads were introduced to remedy the deficiencies observed in other showerheads. When you use it in your home, you are going to derive enormous benefits as follows:
- It is cost-saving: the major advantage of this category of products is that it can save you more than forty percent of your monthly utility bill.
- It reduces the rate of water consumption in your home.
- It is user-friendly and many models are easy to install.
- They are eco-friendly products, which means that they contribute to the safety of the environment more than the previous products.
- It is more fanciful, which means that it helps to improve the aesthetic value of bathroom if you install it in your home.
- It can offer some health benefits. The research has shown that it helps to improve the overall health of its users.
Now you know all the advantages that you and your family can discover by purchasing a water-saving showerhead. Cut down on the expensive utility bill by installing it in your home.
Top Ten Best Water Saving Shower Heads 2018
This is yet another useful water saving showerhead available on the market. It is one of the best you can lay your hands on, because of its great features. Here are some of the features of this great product:
- The body is composed of a strong solid metal.
- It offers a strong and satisfying spraying.
- It is guaranteed to never clog.
- It can save water by at least forty percent.
- Manufactured in the United States of America.
You can see from the above that it is a great product. It is regarded the most innovative and highest-technology water-saving showerhead.
Users can discover such enormous benefits of this product.
- It is innovative as it uses state of the art technology to conserve water and save your money.
- It is efficient and can offer high performance.
- It is durable thanks to its solid construction.
There are other high-performance water-saving showerheads, these are just a few of them. Each model is efficient and reliable.
This is perhaps the greatest water saving showerhead you can discover on the market today. It utilizes modern technology and that is why it is more efficient than similar products. If you want to discover more about the product, you can consider some of its unique features.
Here are the features of the product:
- It uses turbine technology, it appears that this is the only product that currently uses this technology. It enhances the showering force and saves water in the process.
- It operates through three spray parts, which include full, turbine, and their combination
- It has an auto return function, meaning that it always returns to its previous water flow rate.
- It saves water for its users for up to forty percent.
- It is fitted with an adjustable angle showerhead.
You can see that these features are great. It is not surprising that it is the most popular brand on the market today. This product can offer many advantages, and here are some of them:
- It saves plenty of water and reduces your monthly utility bill.
- It is a high-performance showerhead.
- It uses turbine technology, which increases its efficiency.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
This stylish showerhead is available in four finish colors – brushed chrome, brushed nickel, polished brass, and polished chrome. You can choose out of two water flow rates – 2.0 and 2.5 gallons per minute.
- The unit comes with the unique Anystream technology that allows rotating the showerhead 360°.
- Its construction includes five adjustable jets that can offer 50 individual and 8 massage spray settings.
- Made of engineered plastic, this showerhead is lightweight yet durable.
- It comes with a flow rate, which meets the WaterSense standards.
- The faceplate contains multiple self-cleaning nozzles that offer a constant flow.
- This model is highly adjustable to meet the needs of any user.
- Its water flow rate is low enough to help you save water, yet not too low to keep you from getting a consistent stream.
- The showerhead can offer easy cleaning thanks to the no-clog spray nozzles.
- You can make your showering experience more diverse by switching between Intense, Massage, and Combination spray patterns.
This showerhead will become a great addition to any bathroom. Its unusual yet infinitely elegant design will bring a special chic into your shower. It is available in three finish colors – Dusk Blue, Jade Green, and Smokey Gray.
- The faceplate is rimmed with a beautiful transparent frame that has an incomparable elegance to it.
- This unit comes with a turbine-powered engine for the most powerful spray.
- You can choose a model with either 2 or 2.5 gallons per minute water flow rate.
- Each spray nozzle is placed with the utmost precision to create a uniquely intersecting blend of two sprays.
- Thanks to the intersecting sprays, you will literally feel each drop on your skin, which produces an interesting massage effect.
- Thanks to the turbine-powered engine, it infuses energy into the spray, contributing to a more invigorating shower each time you use the showerhead.
- The unusual design of this model will pleasantly surprise anyone.
- It is composed of a negative-ion mineralized material.
- It delivers a huge amount of water using water saving technology.
- Water sent out of the showerhead is mineralized and purified; this is considered good for the body.
The product is great in lots of ways. All the materials used in its production are recyclable, which makes this model environmentally friendly. The water that comes out of the system is clean, and it is not easy to lay your hands on clean water. This showerhead provides you with purified water.
Benefits of the product
You can discover many benefits of using this product. These are the main of them:
- Because it purifies showering water, it makes it clean and helps to keep your skin healthy.
- It is an eco-friendly product. It will help you to save a lot of water, retaining the water pressure in the process, and this is good for everybody.
The water saver showerhead is good for your hair and skin. If you have dry skin, it will help you to improve the condition of your skin and hair greatly.
The showerhead is easy to install so that you will not need to seek any outside help with the installation.
- It dispenses water through a dense spraying method.
- It works like a full-flow shower.
- It dispenses water at 2.5 as well as 1.85 GPM.
- It needs a flange and an arm in order to be installed. They do not come with the showerhead and have to be bought separately.
- It has a lifetime warranty on finish defects and non-functional parts
- The spray diameter is 3-7/8.
You have seen from these unique features that this is a great product. This showerhead can offer the highest level of comfort. If you want to reduce your utility bill, this product is just the thing for you. It is designed according to water sense standards and criteria and provides two flow rates. It also comes with four spray holes.
You will discover for yourself such benefits when you install this model in your shower:
- It is very efficient.
- It has a lifetime warranty.
- It will reduce your monthly water bills considerably.
- It comes with four large spray holes to increase water pressure.
- It is easy to install.
- It is a user-friendly and an environmentally-safe product.
- This model comes with a 1.5 GPM water flow rate, which will allow you to save considerable amounts of water and cut your bills.
- The showerhead is WaterSense certifies as a water-conserving plumbing fixture.
- It is made of a durable combination of high-quality metal, plastic, and ABS.
- It is compact and lightweight.
- Purchasing this model, you can also order expert setup. If you are not interested, you can skip that option.
- The simple design of this model will be a perfect choice for those who like minimalism.
- It can offer many years of fault-free performance thanks to the high-quality durable construction.
- The direction of the showerhead can be adjusted, as it swivels up and down and side to side.
This is a technology-driven water saving showerhead. It is perfect for anybody who wants to cut down on the huge monthly utility bill. It has fantastic features that set it apart from similar products on the market. Here are some of the features of this water saving showerhead:
- It is composed of a powerful ABS thermoplastic body, which is renowned for its corrosion-resistant property.
- It has a constantly high flow rate, which is not only powerful but also consistent.
- It is fitted with a self-cleaning device, as well as a non-aerated spray, meaning that it does not always require maintenance
There is no doubt that it is a great water saving showerhead. It is designed in such a way that you save as much as seventy percent on your water bills.
Benefits of using this product
- It saves its users lots of money on utility bills.
- You can enjoy a powerful and consistent water flow.
- You can relax thanks to the nine-jet adjustable turbo massage.
- It is simple to use and install.
- It comes with a ten years guarantee.
- It is WaterSense certified and comes with a 1.5 GPM water flow rate.
- Its construction includes easy-to-clean rubber thermo jets.
- The showerhead has a built-in Neoperl pressure compensating flow controller
- This model can offer just one water setting – a Spray Clean fixed spray pattern.
- Its body is made of durable plastic.
- With this model, you will save water, energy, and money without sacrificing the pleasure of having a perfect showering experience.
- It will help you solve the hard water issue.
- You can forget about cleaning thanks to the maintenance-free spray nozzles.
- It can offer steady flow despite low water pressure in the pipes.
- This model is rustproof thanks to the choice of the material.
- The installation is easy and quick with no tools needed.
This is an excellent choice for those who are looking for an affordable yet high-quality showerhead. Though this model is one of the cheapest on the market, it can offer a fault-free performance. The name of the brand – Niagara –says for itself.
- This showerhead comes with Niagara’s patented TriMax technology offering three spray settings.
- The angle of the showerhead can be adjusted to meet the individual needs of every user.
- You can adjust the water flow, too. You can choose between 0.5, 1.0, and 1.5 gallons per minute.
- Its construction includes a patented flow compensator for a powerful spray that does not depend on the water pressure in your household.
- You can change the water flow depending on the task at hand – 0.5 GPM for soaping and 1.0 or 1.5 GPM
- The tree water settings help with water conservation and optimal task performance.
- Unlike the other low flow showerheads, this model has a vacillating spray that uses 40% less water.
Other Water Saving Bathroom Fixtures
Bathroom faucets. There is a large variety of sink faucets for the bathroom. Some of them have different built-in elements that help conserve water. Some models, similarly to low flow shower heads, come with a flow restrictor. Other units have a built-in aerator that diffuse water, making a small and weak stream much more powerful without increasing the water flow and, consequently, the amounts of water wasted.
Dual flush toilets. You have probably seen such toilets, as they have become rather popular recently, especially in commercial buildings. These toilets help to decrease the amount of water you use to send waste down the toilet by 70%. They come with two flush buttons – one for a short flush and one for a full flush. Short flush uses about one gallon of water, and it is meant for liquids. Full flush uses no more than 1.6 gallons and washes away solids just as efficiently as toilets with a larger gpf (gallons per flush) rate.